As for you, promote the kind of living that reflects wholesome teaching
- Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience.
- Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God. They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers. Instead, they should teach others what is good. These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.
- In the same way, encourage the young men to live wisely. And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind.
- Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
- Teach the truth so that your teaching can’t be criticized. Then those who oppose us will be ashamed and have nothing bad to say about us.